Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cool Haus, Border Grill and PhyDough Trucks!

Hello Fellow Fatties!
The other night 3 food trucks were up in Pasadena, and of course, I was so there!  It was also great because I had never tried these trucks before so I was VERY excited!  First up will be the Cool Haus Truck.
This truck serves ice cream sandwiches.  I bet you're wondering why this truck is so special?  Well it's because you get to CREATE your own ice cream sandwich!  You pick the cookie you want and then pick one of their many homemade ice creams to go with it.  The coolest part was the edible wrapper!  You can even order these babies for special events and customize the wrapper to your liking!  How cool is that?
Shown here is the Nutella Toasted Almond ice cream sandwiched between two snicker-doodle cookies.  I have to admit I am not a huge cookie fan, so it takes a lot to impress me.  With that said, I have to say this cookie was pretty darn good.  It wasn't too soft, or else it wouldn't be able to hold the ice cream.  It was the perfect consistency and flavored just right.  This ice cream is homemade and you can tell.  It's very creamy and fresh.  The toasted almonds complimented the hazlenut-ness of the nutella.  Perfection.  Can you believe that the NUTELLA ice cream did in fact taste like NUTELLA!??  It always seems that when you order something that is supposed to taste like nutella you just end up with something chocolate-y.  But Cool Haus did it right.  All in all I am happy to report that this truck is worth a trip! =)
Next up is the Border Grill Truck.
(Sorry some of the pictures aren't that great, it was at night and my camera wasn't wanting to cooperate) Anywho, since I did have dinner before this, I just got an order of Churro Tots.
The Churro Tots were dolce de leche infused with cinnamon sugar on top and came with a side of homemade whipped cream.  They were freshly made and had a warm, melt in your mouth center.  I was pleasantly surprised as to how good they were!  I had never heard anything about the Boarder Grill Truck so I was going into this without any expectations.  The truck also serves quesadillas, tacos and ceviche.  But from what I saw when others were ordering, the portions of the food looked small.  To give you an idea, this is the ceviche.
They call it, "Bringing modern Mexican flavors to a neighborhood near you."
 It sounds and looks good, and seems like they use fresh ingredients.  Check it out and let us know what you think!  And definitely check out those Churro Tots!  Last but not least is the PhyDough Truck (pronounced Fido).
I thought this was the cutest truck ever!  Not only was this truck well made and designed, they serve dog treats!  This truck serves already made dog treats in many different flavors like pumpkin, carrot honey, fig, and sesame agave to name a few.
They even sell ice cream!  It is the Cool Haus for doggies!  Haha  In fact, Cool Haus makes the soy and yogurt-based ice cream for PhyDough!  Also, they sell dough so you can go home and make the cookies yourself.  The founder of the truck uses organic ingredients and everything is preservative-free.  I thought this idea for a food truck was very unique and can't wait to see how far they get with it.  Although I can't tell you how good it is, I know it is good for the dogs and my 2 doggies loved it!  The owner of this truck even lets his canine friend tag along!  How cute is that!?  So thats it for today!  Hope you enjoyed the review on these 3 food trucks!

Bon Appetite!
Foodie Fatties,
A&M

P.S. Here are the links for these trucks
- http://www.eatcoolhaus.com/la/
- http://www.bordergrill.com/bg_t/bg_twel.htm
- http://www.phydough.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment